Are you a Banana's Foster Lover? We have the perfect recipe for you. Our Banana Foster recipe features delicious caramelized bananas with a yummy brown sugar caramel sauce. The perfect start to any morning!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Brioche Bread, cut into 6 1/2-inch slices.
- Unsalted butter, for frying
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Bananas Foster Topping
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 firm bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
2. In a large shallow bowl or dish whisk together eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Soak as many slices in the egg mixture as possible for 5 minutes.
Make the French Toast
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a very large saute pan or griddle over medium heat. Add the soaked bread and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until well browned. Add more butter and oil to the pan as needed. Once all the bread is cooked, place it on a baking tray in the warm oven.
Make the Topping:
In a small skillet, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved into butter. Add heavy whipping cream stir into the sauce begin to thicken.
Optional: In a separate pan, add a tablespoon of butter. Add banana slices to pan, until they begin to caramelize. Add banana's to caramel sauce until they are covered.
Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon. Pour bananas foster mixture over French Toast.